Introduction


We've been married for ten years. We love being an aunt and uncle to our nieces and nephews. We have been through the roller coaster of fertility options and are glad we explored those avenues. We now know that our children will come to us through adoption.
The purpose of our blog is for you to get to know us and to get word out that we are looking to adopt in the hope someone we know knows someone who is pregnant and considering
placing the child for adoption, and then refer them to us.
To the expectant parent, I don't know you or how you found yourself looking at this blog, faced with this decision to place or parent your baby. But I do know that you are a strong and amazing person for even considering adoption. God knows you and loves you. With His help and your faith I know you will be guided to make the choices that will be best for you and your baby. Know that we pray for you without yet knowing who you are.
Adoption is such a personal and unique experience for all involved and is different for each case. I believe the specifics of adoption are between the people involved and not for the general public. We do have a letter for you that has more information about us, our ideas on parenting, our families, our open adoption plans, and where you fit in. We want to get to know you and in doing so we can discuss more openly what adoption looks like to each of us.
Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog. I hope you will be able to get to know us through our posts. If you want to read our expectant parent letter please email us at jewelstewart@gmail.com and we will send you a copy.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

I'm a transformer

So there's something huge happening in our lives that we haven't really talked about here. I'm a transformer, and by that I mean that I'm shrinking. By that I mean I'm getting smaller. By that I mean I've lost 64 pounds! In February I started a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be on a weight-loss reality show. We're still filming so I don't think I can divulge all the details of it but it will likely air in December or January. Anyway, it has been an amazing couple months in working so hard with diet and exercise, committing to doing every little thing my trainer asks of me, learning to own my successes along with my failures, all while having a camera in my face and knowing a million people may be along for the ride. In spite of the awkwardness of the cameras, I am so unbelievably grateful I'm a part of this. The day I met my trainer I knew we'd be friends for a very long time, tv show or not. I'm learning to push myself by myself, and when surrounded by those cheering me on. Julie has been amazing through all of this! She has done the workouts at home and is 100 percent committed to the meal plan and standing by my side at every step. I don't think  I would have the success I have without Julie being such a powerful partner at my side. I've still got quite a way to go to reach my goals (which have gone from simple weight-loss to much deeper, truly healthy goals) but life is so much better than it was 64lbs ago! Next weekend I'm doing a Spartan race (8-10 miles with 26 major obstacles along the way) and I'm excited for it. Not too long ago I would have been nothing but terrified at the thought of doing this. I'm not scared or worried. I'm just really excited because I know I can do it though I've never done anything close to this before! Like I said I'm shrinking. I'm also growing in other ways at the same time. I'm shrinking and growing at the same time. Like I said, I'm a transformer.

Ray


No comments:

Post a Comment